| < August >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average temperature in Grytviken in August is slightly cold at -2 °C (28.4 °F).
- Afternoons can be very cool with average high temperatures reaching 2 °C (35.6 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally cold with an average low of -5 °C (23 °F).
- In August the average diurnal temperature range/ variation is 7 °C (12.6 °F).
- The weather in August is far from dry with snow every now and then. Some 135mm (5.3in) of liquid descends across an average of 14 days.
- In August the blue above Grytviken is very dim having an average of a scanty 2:23 of beaming sunlight per day.
- The shortest day is 8:40 long and the longest day is 10:42 long with an average length of 9:39.
- There are approximately 7:00 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 25.4% of daylight hours and cloudy 74.6% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Grytviken August averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for August in Grytviken, South Georgia
Navigate to August Weather in Locations Surrounding Grytviken: